Chemguard Class “A” is a non-corrosive, non-toxic, biodegradable foam concentrate. When mixed with water in the correct proportion, it changes the properties of water. It reduces the surface tension of the water, and produces foam, which allows the water to cling to vertical or horizontal surfaces without run off. This allows the water to absorb more heat and provides greater penetration into Class “A” fuels.
- Water treated with Chemguard Class “A” foam concentrate is 3 to 5 times more effective on Class “A” fires than untreated water.
- Water treated with Chemguard Class “A” will wet Class “A” fuels up to 20 times more efficiently than untreated water.
- Suitable with either fresh or salt water
- Suitable with non-air aspirating or aspirating hand line nozzles
- Suitable for use on rubber (tires), coal, paper and many other types of Class “A” fuels
- Suitable through medium expansion nozzles on Class “A” or contained Class “B” flammable liquids.
RECOMMENDED DILUTION RATES
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket .3% - .5%
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzle .3% - .5%
- Handline, non-air-aspirating nozzle .3% - .6%
- Compressed air foam system (CAFS) .1% -.3%
Note: The above rates vary depending on the quality of the foam blanket required.
- Type of discharge device
- System operating pressure
- Amount of foam concentrate in the water
- Hypro Corporation Proportioning Systems
- Model 500 Foam Proportioner
- Balanced Pressure Pump Systems
- In-line Eductor
- Around the Pump Proportioners
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket
- Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS)
- High Expansion Foam Generators
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Chemguard Shoe size No Size No
- Product Downloads